The Geospatial Innovation Awards from Geovation celebrate how geospatial innovation is shaping the world around us now and delivers sustainable development for the future.
Our international Awards are seeking innovative applicants worldwide who are paving the way in innovating in the geospatial industry. To enter, you must complete an online application form for each award category you wish to enter.
The terms governing the Awards are set out below. Please read these carefully before submitting your application. By submitting your application, you are deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions.
a. Places for the future – showcasing the solutions that help build the cities and communities of tomorrow.
b. Land, sea & air – rewarding development that helps preserve and protect the environment around us.
c. Resource equality – solutions to tackle poverty and access to clean water and sanitation.
d. Resilience, safety & protection of life – solutions that help people, communities and countries affected by conflict and natural disasters.
e. Individual contribution to open geospatial innovation – rewarding an individual who has encouraged collaboration and open innovation for good through the use of geospatial data.
3. The winner of each respective Award Category will receive a trophy.
4. The Application Period will run from 00:00 GMT on 20/12/22 to 23:59 GMT on 15/05/2023.
5. If you wish to submit an application, you must do so by the closing time and date stated above. Applications received after the closing date are automatically disqualified and will not be entered.
6. To submit an application please visit the dedicated website at https://geovation.typeform.com/AwardEntry, where you will need to fill out the form with all relevant details.
7. We regret that we cannot accept entries by post or email. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
8. We take no responsibility for any entries which fail to upload properly and/or any technical problems, such as server malfunctions or errors, viruses, bugs, or traffic congestion on the internet that may result in lost, incomplete, late or misdirected applications.
9. The Awards are open to legal entities or persons aged 18 or over, worldwide, excluding OS employees, or any person directly associated with the Awards.
10. In submitting an application, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim an Award. We may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to participate in the Awards.
11. You may submit as many applications, under as many Award Categories as you wish. Please ensure you submit a separate application form for each nomination.
12. We reserve all rights to disqualify your entry, if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Awards.
13. After the closing date, the entries will go forward to the judging panel, which will consist of an OS representative and a minimum of one independent judge, to be confirmed.
14. The judges will be assessing:
a. How innovative the nominated company or project is;
b. The impact of the nominated company or project with regard to the Award Category to which the application has been submitted;
c. The usage of geospatial data by the nominated company or as part of the nominated project.
15. The judging panel will select a shortlist of applications per Award Category, who will be notified by email. The final winner will be declared at the Award Event on 15th of June 2023 in London.
16. All winning entries will be subject to a final check and any which are found to be in breach of the Award terms and conditions will be disqualified and any Award forfeited. The judging panel will then select a new winner from the remaining entries.
17. The decision of the judging panel will be final, and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
18. If you have been shortlisted for an Award Category, you will receive an invitation to attend the Award Event on 15th of June in London.
19. The winner of each Award Category will be declared at the Award Event and will be presented with their respective trophy.
If a winner is unable to attend the Award Event, they may nominate an alternative person to attend instead and to accept the trophy.
20. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any person or organisation.
21. You will retain copyright in any application you submit to the Awards.
22. By entering the Awards, you grant OS (and its group companies) a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, and perpetual licence to:
a. publish the summary of the company or project as submitted as part of an application; and
b. publish the logo uploaded as part of the application;
for the purpose of publicising the Awards on our corporate website, our social media website accounts (such as Twitter and LinkedIn) and other media, or otherwise in connection with the Awards.
23. By submitting an application, you agree to take part in any reasonable promotions and publicity relating to it.
24. You warrant that:
a. your submitted entry is an original work, is not defamatory in any way and does not infringe any third-party rights;
b. there are no conflicting agreements in place that restrict usage of the submission;
c. where any image features people, you have obtained their permission or the permission of their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured; and
d. any image files you upload do not contain any viruses or other potentially harmful material.
26. We disclaim all liability for any loss or damage to persons or property (whether direct or indirect) incurred by any person in connection with the making and submission of entries in connection with these Awards, to the maximum extent permissible by law.
27. We reserve the absolute right to disqualify any entries and/or withdraw an Award from a winning applicant if, in our opinion, there is a potential breach of these Awards terms and conditions, including, but without limitation, where the entry infringes third party intellectual property rights.
28. We reserve the right to cancel these Awards or alter any of the terms and conditions at any stage, if in our opinion it is necessary to do so, or circumstances arise outside of our control. It is your responsibility to check the terms and conditions regularly for any changes.
29. We may assign any and all of our rights relating to the Awards to one of our group companies and/or any entity to whom our functions and activities are transferred.
30. If any of the clauses within the Awards terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then that clause shall be severed and deleted from these Awards terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
31. These Awards terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
The promoter of the Awards is Ordnance Survey Limited (company number 09121572) trading as Ordnance Survey or OS, registered in England and Wales, whose registered office is at Explorer House, Adanac Drive, SOUTHAMPTON SO16 0AS.