Showcasing the best in geospatial innovation and the impact it has on people, places and planet.
Join us in celebrating how geospatial innovation is shaping the world around us now and delivering sustainable development for the future. The second edition of our innovation awards are looking for innovative applicants worldwide who are paving the way in innovating in the geospatial industry.
Entries will be open until 30 May 2024, with the awards ceremony taking place in person and online on Thursday 13 June, 2024.
Cities of the future
Showcasing the solutions that help build the cities and communities of tomorrow
Nature and Environment
Rewarding development that helps preserve and protect the environment around us.
Protection of life
Highlighting solutions which help protect the safety and security of people, communities and countries.
Contribution to Diversity
Recognising efforts in broadening diversity in the geospatial innovation sector.
Frequently asked questions
Got a question about the awards? See if it’s answered below.
If not get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All of the awards will be based around achieving UN SDGs. Looking for the following:
- Innovative use of geospatial data to solve challenges
- How you use technology to deliver your idea
- Genuinely innovative ideas and solutions
- How you use partners, collaboration and open innovation to achieve your goals.
Please see the terms and conditions for entering the awards below.
Our judges come from across the geospatial sector. We’re delighted that they have agreed to take part in selecting our winners.
Check back soon to find about more about the experts helping us in 2024.
Along with asking you to supply the name, contact details and profile information about the company or individual nominated, you will be asked the following questions which will form the basis for judging:
- Provide an executive summary of the company, project or individual nominated (1000 characters)
- Provide a short summary that we can share publicly in you are shortlisted (300 characters)
- What is the biggest impact the solution / individual has made in the last 12 months and why (1000 characters)
- What is innovative about your solution, project or individual? (1000 characters)
- How has the solution/individual made innovative use of geospatial data to solve challenges (1000 characters)
- How does the solution / individual remove barriers to inclusion and ensure equal access for all, and what positive impact can you demonstrate as a result (1000 characters)
- How does the solution/project/individual use partners, collaboration and principles of open innovation to achieve success? (1000 characters)
The awards are free to enter and will be judged by an independent judging panel composed of experts from the Geospatial Industry. The awards celebration will be taking place on the 15th June 2023.
Applications are now closed.
Look back at last year’s awards
Explore the 2023 Geospatial Innovation Awards, discover who won, and the judges who helped make the awards a sucess.