Foodnation are hugely excited to announce the launch of our FREE Android app. The app can be used on all Android phones and tablets, and producer locations and can be accessed directly via our postcode field, using GPS from the homescreen, without having to login, making the app super easy to use and launch from anywhere.
It has been hugely enjoyable and a great privilege to design the Foodnation Android application. The opportunity to invest the funds which GeoVation awarded us inspired us to produce an accessible and elegant application that we hope will be well received by new and existing and future app users.
Rowan Wookey, our App Developer said: “We are delighted to announce the launch of the new FREE Android app and updated iPhone app (coming soon). Android is free to download and offers easy access to producer details 24 hours a day.”
Key features of the new Android app include:
- Free to download
- Access via GPS, no login required
- At a glance producer details and map view
Featured producers details now available
- Share you favourite producer details with friend on Facebook and Twitter
- ‘Report this location’ for users to help us edit or flag producer details
- 100’s of foods in season to choose from with multiple locations to purchase them
Which foods are in season when and matched sourcing details, is a unique feature which user feedback has shown to be one of the most used features of the application. Food sourcing data is available at your fingertips 24 hours a day.