As the brilliant host of our OS Open Zoomstack masterclass held in Bristol, it’s fair to say we are big fans of the Engine Shed. It gives us great pleasure to share the news that we are now partnering with the Engine Shed to bring support to businesses in and around Bristol & Bath!
With our focus on GeoTech and PropTech businesses, this partnership means start-ups in and around Bristol are in line to receive specialist support. We are offering start-ups that are members of Engine Shed a range of benefits such as access to OS and HMLR data, expert business advice and mentorship as well as weekly ‘tech surgery’ drop-ins with our in-house software developer team. Members can also take advantage of discounted SME Membership rates, discounted London meeting room hire and free London desk space when they need it.
Alex Wrottesley, Head of Geovation, said: “In an increasingly data driven world, the location and property industries are currently experiencing an evolution. Together we want to hear from anyone who has an idea that has potential in the GeoTech or PropTech world, and we want to help them break through”.
From the eighty-four start-ups that have gone through our programme so far, more than 200 jobs have been created and £23.3 million has been raised in investment funding. Natalie Fee is responsible for one of these successful start-ups and was recognised as 2018’s Bristol Woman of the Year. Natalie is part of City to Sea and, with Geovation support, created the thriving social enterprise app Refill. We are excited to welcome her as our guest speaker at the launch on the 1 February 2019.
Natalie said: “We were already working hard in Bristol when we successfully applied to Geovation, and with their support and contacts we were able to take Refill to another level.”
The Geovation partnership with Engine Shed provides the following benefits to Geovation members.
- Access to the Engine Shed Members Lounge (a co-working space), from Monday – Friday 8:30 – 17:30.
- Geovation members can invite up to 2 guests to the Engine Shed Business Lounge for meetings.
- Access to discounted workshops by SETsquared Bristol at Engine Shed at a 25% discount of the public rate (subject to availability).
- Business advice and mentorship – access to Engine Shed’s Investor-in Residence and other Engine Shed ‘in-residence’ services.
- Access to Engine Shed’s diverse range of events, which are tailored to start-ups/scale-ups needs.
The agreement provides the following benefits to Engine Shed members.
- Access to the Geovation Hub Hot Desks (bookable in advance) in London, which includes facilities such as WiFi, printing, concierge services, tea/coffee and kitchen facilities.
- Engine Shed members are entitled to a 25% discount off meeting room hire
- Data Access – access to the richest geospatial content and data available for GB through an appropriate licence.
- Access to Geovation business advice and mentorship as well as weekly ‘tech surgery’ drop-in sessions (bookable in advance and provided by the Geovation in-house software developer team).
- Receive invitations to Geovation events, workshops and training sessions and access to future paid workshops and events at a discount rate of 25% of the public rate, subject to availability.
Engine Shed members wishing to gain access to the Geovation Hub and associated benefits of this partnership will be required to sign up to the Geovation Membership Terms.