Geovation is excited to share the latest cohort of innovative startups to join our Accelerator Programme. We’re delighted to welcome them and look forward to providing them with a wide range of specialist support to help grow their businesses over the next 6 months.
To date, 131 location-data and proptech start-ups have been supported by Geovation, over 1,700 jobs have been created and £113m in funding raised.
Who are the new cohort of startups?
The GeoTech businesses accepted onto the Programme are:
- Paua – Makes public electric vehicle charging simple with a mobile app enabling drivers to find, charge and pay for charging with one aggregated bill for the fleet manager. One experience. One bill. Thousands of charging points.
- SDXSpace – Empowering sustainable financing and sustainable development with satellite imagery analytics.
- Advanced Infrastructure – Linking energy and geospatial data to create powerful tools for low carbon infrastructure developers.
The PropTech businesses accepted onto the Programme are:
- Homefinder – An online marketplace which makes it easy to find new homes and developments for sale in London.
- Urban R + D – The Urban R+D platform enables unfinanced landowners with no industry experience to develop small urban sites into quality sustainable family homes.
- Propalt – Centralises property data in one place to help movers, renters and owners understand the market and what’s involved in the moving and managing process.
Our Accelerator Programme is designed to propel startups in the location and property industries to the next level. We tailor the Programme to suit each startup and their individual founders.
During the Programme, all startups receive a support package that includes:
- Financial support with up to £20,000 grant funding based on startups progress (no equity required)
- Equivalent to over £100,000 worth of benefits
- 1:1s, a range of workshops, master classes and events aimed at helping entrepreneurs grow their business
- Access to range of open and proprietary datasets from Ordnance Survey, Land Registry, and other partners
- Up to 12 months Resident Innovator status at the Geovation Hub in London (when possible, following Government guidelines)
Carly Morris, Head of Geovation, said: “We are delighted to announce the six new start-ups joining our Accelerator Programme. Our mission is to bring innovations and disruptors together and create a driving force that leads the charge in geospatial innovation. We help start-ups get the necessary footing to grow and enhance their business model, with the support and expertise from the Geovation community.”
“With the Geovation support now being accessible remotely, we have seen an increase in the number of international applicants, and we’re keen to expand our role in supporting start-ups based outside the UK.”
Andrew Trigg, Director of Digital, Data and Technology at HM Land Registry, commented: “It’s exciting that we’re now in our eighth cycle of the programme and we’re delighted to welcome the latest cohort. Over the next twelve months it will be interesting to see how these start-ups initial vision is transformed into sustainable growth, nd delivers positive impact in the property sector.” Geovation has been expanded with support and finance from HM Land Registry to support PropTech innovators.
We can’t wait to see how much the startups grow and thrive whilst on our Programme over the next six months!