Geovation is excited to announce that we will be launching our very first Mentorship Programme for our community. We want to provide members with the opportunity to develop and become more competent in their roles as well as prepare for growth opportunities for the future.
Please register your interest by completing the survey below.
The Geovation Mentorship Programme will be a one-to-one mentoring and it will last for 3 months, beginning in December 2021.
Programme participants are selected based on their level of interest and commitment, as demonstrated through their application. We aim to match mentors and mentees based on areas of expertise, the skills and knowledge they wish to develop.
We welcome people of all backgrounds and genders to participate in the Mentorship Programme.
If you are selected for the Mentorship Programme, you should expect to commit to:
– Meetings with your mentor or mentee – once a month at the minimum. Can be done remotely or in person-however the mentor and mentee would like it
– To complete feedback forms provided by Geovation at the end of the mentorship programme to highlight your experience
– Engage in the Slack channel that will be set up specifically for the mentorship programme
– Actively participate in the programme until it ends in February 2022
There are several benefits of being a mentor. It not only serves to give back to our community, but it is also an important development and learning experience. Teaching others is the best way to learn yourself. In the same way, mentors become more competent as leaders and communicators as they guide and help rising talent.
Similarly, there are a lot of benefits to being mentored by someone more experienced and senior than you. A mentor can be a sounding board when the less experienced person comes up against a situation or problem that they are not familiar with or can’t see a solution to. They are there to share advice and offer guidance that enables you to benefit from experiences beyond your own.
– 2nd November 2021: Applications open
– 25th November 2021: Applications close
– 30th November 2021: Kick off event for those chosen as a mentor and mentee
– 7th December 2021: Mentorship matches announced
– 8th December – 8th March 2021: Mentorship Programme underway
– 22nd March 2023: Mentorship Programme closing event