At Geovation, we’re lucky to have supported over 130 startups and have seen many successful GeoTech and PropTech startups go through our Accelerator Programme. We love keeping in touch with them and finding out what exciting things they’ve been up to since graduating. This time we’re catching up with cohort 11, who graduated from the Programme in 2020 and we’re delighted to hear how much they’ve achieved since. Find out what Biocap, Adoor and Sail Homes have been up to below.
Biocap’s mission is to provide a data driven map of what to do where across the farmed countryside, providing a landscape-level series of locations and habitats where nature-based solutions can be delivered. What Biocap have achieved:
- Biocap has completed a £50k EU funded Small Flying Objects project using satellite drone and ground survey data to show that species rich grasslands can be identified from drone data.
- Biocap has completed the compilation of GIS data and produced an Opportunity Map for West Berkshire which shows where Natural solutions could be best used to capture carbon and enhance biodiversity.
- BioCap has contracted with West Berkshire Council to set up the West Berkshire Natural Solutions Delivery Partnership a working group comprising Natural England, WBC, Wessex Downs AONB, Trust for Oxofrdshire Environment, Berkshire Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire Wildlife Trust, Action for the River Kennet, Thames Valley Environmental Records Centre and Local Landowners. The group has a remit to explore how the countryside of West Berkshire could be used to capture carbon and enhance biodiversity and will advise WBC on how best to spend the £1.2m available for this work.
- BioCap is contracted to investigate and plan the planting of a 30ha (approx 40,000 trees) native broadleaved woodland to store carbon.
adoor is the platform to track your house move. Keeping everyone involved up to date, all in one place. adoor. adoor has launched new features including:
- Track now expanded to include the Mortgage stages, to track from finding a mortgage to moving in all in one place.
- Move Planner is our checklist for everything the Mover can do whilst the legal process is going. From clearing clutter, packing that all important first night box and organising change of address – It’s all done through adoor
- e-BASPI – Collecting property info digitally, Saving Conveyancers and Agents huge amounts of admin time transposing or searching for the info when its all on adoor. Making it much easier for Sellers to complete when works for them on phone or desktop.
- They’re introducing integrations very soon, follow their LinkedIn page to see the announcement.
Sail Homes offers homeowners a stress-free sale by identifying the best buyer and quickly tying up the many legal details that can cause delays.
- Sail Homes product keeps improving, our timelines keep getting faster (fastest case is now 12 days). Their goal is to deliver a service that nobody can match – a 24 hour conveyancing completion is a real reality before the end of the year.
- Sail Home have got conveyancing partnerships with Prestige, Accord, Zedra , Fidelis and New Law.
- They’ve hired 5 new staff members of staff, including a sales/customer service team member, business development manager and new conveyancing directors.
Sail Homes have launched their own legal company – Sails legal.
We hope you enjoyed hearing our start-ups latest achievements since graduating from the Accelerator Programme as much as we did! Stay up to date with the start-ups through their own websites and social media accounts and show your support.
On the Geovation Accelerator Programme, backed by Ordnance Survey and HM Land Registry, start-ups receive up to £20,000 grant funding (no equity required) and the equivalent to over £100,000 in benefits on the Programme. The Geovation Accelerator Programme offers a wide range of support with 6 months of intensive support and 6 months hands-off support focusing on the go-to-market stage. We tailor the programme to suit each start-up and founders.
Find out more about our Accelerator Programme here.