Last Updated: October 2019
Who we are
This policy applies to Ordnance Survey Limited’s Geovation Hub. For the purposes this policy Geovation Hub will be referred to as we, us, our.
Legal Basis and purpose for processing your personal data
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- it is necessary in order to protect your vital interests;
- it is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us;
- it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data.
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- Provide you access to membership benefits, where you have registered as a Geovation member;
- Provide you with information about your membership;
- Fulfil payments for Geovation membership;
- Provide you with newsletters, which include information about events, services or products that we, Ordnance Survey or our partners, may offer, that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to such communications;
- Carry out our obligations from any contracts you may have entered into with us;
- Customer satisfaction surveys and market research;
- Respond to your enquiries and complaints;
- Notify you about changes to our terms of service.
- Provide you with access to location, property and other appropriate data where you have agreed terms and conditions of use (this would include Geovation Data Exploration Licence (DEL) – which gives access to Ordnance Survey, HM Land Registry, British Geological Survey and Third-Party OS data);
Categories of personal data you give to us
The personal data you give us includes:-
- Telephone number.
- Email address.
- Date of birth and age.
- User name and passwords to access our Sites and Services.
- Financial and credit card information.
- Personal profile description and photograph.
- Equality and diversity information.
- Location Information
- Website and Social Media URL’s.
Your Device information
Each time you visit or use our Sites and Services, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, and/or time zone setting;
- details of your use of any of our Apps or your visits to any of our Sites and Services including, but not limited to, Internet protocol (IP) address used by your Device, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes and the resources that you access (Log Information);
- URL click stream information showing how users have reached our Site and Services and whether they access other third party sites via any external links.
- Once it is within our control, we will do our utmost to ensure your personal data is processed in a way that ensures appropriate security from unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage
Retaining your personal information
- We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We may also retain your personal data for a reasonable period afterwards to allow us to respond to any follow up enquiries or complaints, or for as long as you remain a registered user of our products and services.
Your Data protection rights
Withdraw Consent – Where we are using your personal information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
Right to be Informed – You have the right to be told how your personal information will be used. This policy document, and shorter summary statements used on our communications, are intended to be a clear and transparent description of how your data may be used.
Right of Access – You can write to us asking what information we hold on you and to request a copy of that information. This is called a Subject Access Request. From 25th May 2018 we will have 30 days to respond to you once we are satisfied you have rights to see the requested records and we have successfully confirmed your identity. Details on how to submit a Subject Access Request can be found on our data protection page.
Right of Erasure – From 25th May 2018, you have the right to be forgotten (i.e. to have your personally identifiable data deleted). However, we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons, which will be notified to you
Data Protection Officer:
Call: 03456 05 05 05
Post: Ordnance Survey, Explorer House, Adanac Drive, Southampton, SO16 0AS