Step up to the mountain challenge
How high can you climb by using stairs in your house, school or neighbourhood? Can you step up to the height of a mountain?
Inspired by Daniel’s urban expedition, Ordnance Survey have created this great step mountain calculator mapping tool to help you step up to the mountain challenge and calculate the buildings or mountains you have climbed the equivalent height of:
- Type in the number of steps you have climbed. This could be on your own, as a team, in an hour or over a year.
- The calculator will show you on a map the name of building and mountains that you have ascended the height of.
To follow Daniel’s expedition to step up to the height of Mount Everest you can follow him on Twitter at @DanRavenEllison #StepUpMountain
He would love to hear what you are planning and have achieved!
Facts on the calculator from Ordnance Survey:
- The stair height has been measured at 17 cm.
- Ordnance Survey has calculated the heights using its intelligent 3-D data including the OS Terrain 5.
- The location of your successes are pin pointed on our interactive OS OpenSpace map.