Showcasing the best in geospatial innovation and the impact it has on people, places and planet.
Join us in celebrating how geospatial innovation is shaping the world around us now and delivering sustainable development for the future. Our international awards are looking for innovative applicants worldwide who are paving the way in innovating in the geospatial industry.
Our Grand Final Ceremony takes place on 15 June from 16.30, and will be hosted in person in a central London venue, and will be livestreamed online if you are unable to attend in person.
It’s completely free to join us for the Grand Final!
Places for the future
Showcasing the solutions that help build the cities and communities of tomorrow
Land, sea and air
Rewarding development that helps preserve and protect the environment around us.
For solutions working towards a world where poverty is eradicated, no one goes hungry, and everyone has access to clean water and sanitation.
Resilience, safety and protection of life
Showcasing solutions that help people, communities and countries affected by conflict and natural disaters.
Individual contribution to open geospatial innovation
Celebrating an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to open innovation for good through their use of geospatial data.
Frequently asked questions
Got a question about the awards? See if it’s answered below.
If not get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All of the awards will be based around achieving UN SDGs. Looking for the following:
- Innovative use of geospatial data to solve challenges
- How you use technology to deliver your idea
- Genuinely innovative ideas and solutions
- How you use partners, collaboration and open innovation to achieve your goals.
Please see the terms and conditions for entering the awards below.
Along with asking you to supply the name, contact details and profile information about the company or individual nominated, you will be asked the following questions which will form the basis for judging:
- Provide an executive summary of the company, project or individual nominated (1000 characters)
- Provide a short summary that we can share publicly in you are shortlisted (300 characters)
- What is the biggest impact the solution / individual has made in the last 12 months and why (1000 characters)
- What is innovative about your solution, project or individual? (1000 characters)
- How has the solution/individual made innovative use of geospatial data to solve challenges (1000 characters)
- How does the solution / individual remove barriers to inclusion and ensure equal access for all, and what positive impact can you demonstrate as a result (1000 characters)
- How does the solution/project/individual use partners, collaboration and principles of open innovation to achieve success? (1000 characters)
The awards are free to enter and will be judged by an independent judging panel composed of experts from the Geospatial Industry. The awards celebration will be taking place on the 15th June 2023.
Applications are now closed.
Meet the Judges
Meet the industry experts judging the 2023 Geospatial Innovation Awards