In case you missed the big news, we’ve officially launched the Geovation Accelerator Programme in Scotland. Offered as a joint GeoTech and PropTech track in partnership with Registers of Scotland (RoS), we’re now accepting applications!
To get the inside scoop on Geovation Scotland and the Accelerator Programme, we spoke to the team members who will be helping Scotland’s start-ups develop the next big ideas.
What exactly is the Geovation Accelerator Programme?
Put simply, it’s a 12-month programme for Scotland-based start-ups which comes with a range of benefits to help start-ups build on their ideas and get their business off the ground.
The programme features numerous benefits for founders including:
- Up to £15,000 in grant funding
- Help designing business propositions and testing product market fit
- Support from software developers and UX specialists
- Access to geospatial expertise and data from Ordnance Survey (OS)
- Access to property insight and data from RoS
- Business mentorship and coaching from a team with years of industry experience and a network that reaches far and wide
- A world-class collaborative working space at RoS Edinburgh offices
- Access to co-working space at the Geovation Hub in London and a network of partner locations across the UK.
Meet the team
One of the faces you’ll get to know is Jess Sibley. Jess is the Community Manager at Geovation Scotland, and her role is all about making sure founders have all the tools and information they need to be successful. Providing day-to-day support for start-ups, Jess is at the heart of the Geovation Scotland Community.
Lyndsey Dougan has a background in communications and engagement and as the Delivery Lead, she’ll develop a strong network of supporters and partners to help start-ups on their journey.
The Accelerator Programme Manager, yet to be announced (watch this space!), will be on hand to help with things like working on value propositions and arranging events and support to develop ideas in the most effective manner.
Essentially, our team will work with you to determine the answer to questions like:
- What’s the problem you’re trying to solve?
- Where are you right now with solving that problem?
- What research and testing have you done?
- What are the next steps?
Interested? Applications for our 2019 Accelerator intake are now open and close on 2 September. So what are you waiting for? Start your application now.